At The Forum we are diverting the subterranean course of the River Twyer running through the site. The new route is being excavated by archaeologists. The ground has a rich medieval history and was last year identified as the location of the lost Whitefriars monastery dissolved by Henry VIII in the 1500’s. A rich seam of medieval finds, from structures to burials have been identified documented and where appropriate archived. Respecting the past is an important part of preserving the future.